VOTE Seabeck For Wyoming State Senate, District 9 P.O. Box 1945, Laramie, WY 82073 307-742-7956
Transparency – I will be available to voters and will not ‘disappear’ once elected Trustworthy – I will research the issues, ask questions, and will not only welcome constituents’ input but will seek it out Dependability – I will abide by my responsibilities in the Legislature and be responsive to my constituents Principled – I believe individual liberty and equality of opportunity is provided for in natural law. I believe that good governing tries to adhere to a balance between the tendency in all governments to move toward extremes—the extremes of totalitarianism/dictatorship and anarchy/lawlessness. Our U.S. Constitution strives for a balance between the two. Therefore, I will evaluate prospective laws based on their alignment with the Wyoming and U.S. Constitutions. INTRODUCTION My name is Diana Seabeck and I am running as the Republican candidate for the Wyoming State Senate, District 9. I grew up in a less than stable home but other family and my teachers inspired me with ambitions for a career. I’ve been a life-long conservative since high school except for a brief foray into liberal thinking during my ‘hippy-era,’ as I have come to call it. I returned to my compassionate conservatism point of view and have held it ever since. I moved to Wyoming in 1973 from Arizona to marry a plumber’s son from Casper who was studying for his MFA in Art at the University of Wyoming. Robert Seabeck has been a working fine artist since his brother began buying his drawings in junior high. We’ve been married for 48 years this past May and raised two sons in Laramie. They are married and have blessed us with five grandchildren. I have a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Arizona and Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology which was earned at the University of Wyoming. My work experiences covered a wide range in Albany County School District. I worked with special needs students and their parents directly for many years. I was a Special Education Case Manager interpreting psychological testing to parents, working with other professionals across the community and helping to plan Individual Education Plans for students. I was hired as the Coordinator for Drug Free Schools which was a federally funded prevention program and during that time was co-author of a three year, 3-million-dollar federal grant to reduce youth risk-factors. That grant, which spanned five years, accomplished a level of inter-agency collaboration and cooperation amongst the agencies in the community that had not been seen before and that has continued to some degree. I believe that my upbringing, my experiences in some foreign travel, my education and varied career path, (definitely including my time as a book mobile librarian and driver, a mother, self-publishing a children’s book and making tortillas in a tortilla factory) have prepared me to serve as a state legislator. Wyoming Wyoming faces issues of reliance on mineral industry taxes, increasing annual government budgets with no reduction in government spending, high and increasing education costs, a serious lack of affordable housing which negatively affects the supply of labor force including teachers, that discourages new businesses from locating here. Property taxes are rising at alarming rates; mineral revenues have shrunk and government has grown. My opponent has been in the state house for 11 years. I believe it’s time for a change toward more fiscal responsibility in spending and cutting back on state government. I think that I’m an interesting blend of caring and compassion for people who have not had the benefit of family or financial advantages or who are suffering the consequences of serious mistakes in their lives combined with a deep respect and honor for the great capacity of people to change and grow. I care deeply for children and their environments—home and school. I believe in families and governments living within their means. I hope you’ll consider supporting me financially in order to help change the climate of the state house and also that encourage your friends and family in SD9 to vote for me. Paid for by Seabeck For Wyoming State Senate, District 9 P.O. Box 1945, Laramie, WY 82073 307-742-7956

Comments

Popular posts from this blog